When you receive a meeting invitation which is attached with some files related to this meeting, you may always need to save them to your local drive. This article will teach you how to let Outlook auto save and remove such attachments.
In Outlook, unlike emails, you cannot quickly save or delete all the attachments of a meeting invitation in batches. You can only save or remove the attachments in a meeting invitation one by one. Many users think it too troublesome. Plus, most of time, these attachments are generally the meeting materials. So, you’ll save them to the local drive. Also, so as to reduce the size of Outlook file, it is suggested to remove the attachments. Here we’ll share you a method to auto save and remove attachments from incoming meeting invitations.
Auto Save & Remove Attachments from Incoming Meeting Invitations
- At the very outset, start your Outlook application.
- In the main Outlook window, tap on the “Alt + F11” keys.
- Then you will get access to VBA editor, in which you need to open an unused module.
- Next, copy and paste the following VBA code into this module.
Sub AutoSaveRemoveAttachments(objMeetingInvitation As Outlook.MeetingItem) Dim objAttachments As Outlook.Attachments Dim objAttachment As Outlook.Attachment Dim strFolderPath As String Dim strFilePath As String Set objAttachments = objMeetingInvitation.Attachments If objAttachments.count > 0 Then 'Change the path as per your own cases strFolderPath = "E:\Meeting Materials\" & objMeetingInvitation.Subject MkDir (strFolderPath) 'Save the attachments For Each objAttachment In objAttachments strFilePath = strFolderPath & "\" & objAttachment.filename objAttachment.SaveAsFile strFilePath Next 'Remove the attachments Do While objAttachments.count > 0 objAttachments.Item(1).Delete Loop objMeetingInvitation.Save End If End Sub
- After that, you can exit the current window.
- Subsequently, head to “File” menu and click on the “Manage Rules & Alerts”.
- In the new popup dialog box, click on the “New Rule” button.
- Then, in the “Rules Wizard” dialog box, take the following steps:
- Select “Apply rule on messages I receive” and hit “Next”.
- Enable “uses the Meeting Request form” condition by the steps shown in the image below:
- Next, activate the rule action “Run a script”, like the following picture:
- Next, finish the rule as per your needs.
- From now on, every time when a meeting invitation arrives in your mailbox, its attachments will be automatically saved to the predefined local drive and get removed from the invitation.
Cannot Escape from Corruption
Although Outlook is feature rich, it can’t escape from errors and even corruption. Hence, you should keep cautious when dealing with your Outlook. For instance, you have to make regular data backups for your Outlook. Also, a specialized tool, such as DataNumen Outlook Repair, which can recover PST file effectively, is also a matter of necessity.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including fix sql and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com