More often than not, when a reminder pops up in Outlook, you may be accustomed to checking the corresponding Outlook item. In such a case, instead of opening the item manually, you must hope that Outlook can auto open it. Now, in this article, we will help you realize this.
In order not to miss any important tasks or schedules, you can make full use of the reminder feature in Outlook. By default, when the reminder time is up, the related reminder will pop up, alerting you. However, the corresponding item will not display automatically.
If you would like to check the associated item, you can right click on the reminder and choose “Open” from the context menu. Yet, in contrast, perhaps you’ll prefer that the related item can display by itself as soon as its reminder pops up. Even though Outlook doesn’t provide such a direct feature, this still can be achieved by VBA. Thereinafter, we will show you the detailed steps and concrete VBA code.
Auto Open the Corresponding Item when a Reminder Pops up
- At the very outset, start your Outlook application.
- Then, press “Alt + F11” key buttons in the main Outlook window.
- Next, in “Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications” window, you ought to find and open the “ThisOutlookSession” project.
- Subsequently, copy and paste the following VBA code into this module.
Public WithEvents objReminders As Outlook.Reminders Private Sub Application_Startup() Set objReminders = Outlook.Application.Reminders End Sub Private Sub objReminders_ReminderFire(ByVal ReminderObject As Reminder) 'Display the associated item ReminderObject.Item.Display 'If you wish to specify the types of outlook items.... 'Example: Only work on taskitem reminder 'If TypeOf ReminderObject.Item Is TaskItem Then 'You can add more restricts, such as: 'If Instr(ReminderObject.Item.Subject, "Important") > 0 Then 'ReminderObject.Item.Display 'End if 'End If End Sub
- After that, you need to sign this code.
- Hit “Tools” button in the menu bar.
- Then, choose “Digital Signature” from the drop down list.
- Lastly, in the popup dialog box, follow the onscreen instructions to sign this macro.
- Then, exit the VBA editor.
- Later, switch to “Developer” tab and click on the “Macro security” button.
- In the new window, change macro settings to enable signed macros.
- Finally you could restart your Outlook to activate the new VBA project.
- From now on, every time when a reminder pops up, the corresponding item will display as well.
Effectual Remedy after Outlook Damage
Though Outlook earns myriad kudos due to its expertise in email management, it still cannot keep free from errors and corruption. Various factors, such as power outage, hardware malfunction, malware assaults can jeopardize your Outlook file. Therefore, you should be prepared all the time, including learning how to make effectual remedy. One of the most effective actions is to get hold of a potent repair tool, like DataNumen Outlook Repair. It can minimize PST corruption to recover Outlook data in a jiffy.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including corrupt mdf and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com