Some users wish that Outlook window can be auto minimized as Outlook has been inactive for a specific period of time, such as 5 minutes. With no doubt, Outlook has no such a native feature. But you still can achieve it with the VBA code shown in this article.
If your Outlook has been idle for a certain time interval, namely you not making any operations in this period, you may hope that Outlook can be auto minimized to keep other applications running smoothly. Many users have this requirement. So, in the followings, we will introduce you a method to realize it.
Auto Minimize Outlook Window after Inactive for a Specific Period
- At the very outset, launch your Outlook application.
- Then, access VBA editor. As for detailed steps, you can refer to the article – “How to Run VBA Code in Your Outlook”.
- Next, you ought to open a module.
- Subsequently, copy the following VBA code into this module.
Declare Function GetQueueStatus Lib "user32" (ByVal fuFlags As Long) As Long Const QS_INPUT = ((&H2 Or &H4) Or &H1) Dim bCancel As Boolean Sub CheckInactive() Do Until bCancel = True 'Keep Inactive for 10 sec 'Change it as per your needs Call KeepInactive(10) If bCancel = False Then MinimizeOutlook Do Until GetQueueStatus(QS_INPUT) Or bCancel = True DoEvents Loop Loop End Sub Sub KeepInactive(ByVal lTimeOut As Long) Dim dStart As Double dStart = Timer Do Until bCancel = True If GetQueueStatus(QS_INPUT) Then dStart = Timer DoEvents End If If Timer - dStart >= lTimeOut Then Exit Do Loop End Sub Sub StopCheckingInactive() bCancel = True End Sub 'Minimize the Outlook main window Sub MinimizeOutlook() On Error Resume Next Outlook.Application.ActiveWindow.WindowState = olMinimized End Sub
- After that, you should open the “ThisOutlookSession” project.
- Later, copy and paste the VBA code below into this project window.
Private Sub Application_Startup() CheckInactive End Sub Private Sub Application_Quit() StopCheckingInactive End Sub
- Finally, you need to restart your Outlook application. It will activate the VBA code.
- Since then, the macro will start working all the time. As long as your Outlook keeps idle for the predefined time interval, it’ll be minimized automatically.
Repair Compromised PST Files
As we all know, Outlook is susceptible to various issues and corruption. Thereby, Outlook is developed with a built-in repair tool – Scanpst. Yet, this internal utility can only resolve small problems. If the issue you are encountering is quite severe, such as seriously damaged PST file, you have to resort to other much more potent tool, like DataNumen Outlook Repair. It has shouldered over a great amount of its rivals due to its expertise in PST repair and high recovery rate.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including fix sql and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com