Many users desire that Outlook can auto log each modified time every time when they make changes to an item, such as appointment. Thus, this article will look at this requirement to share a method to realize it.
You may have noticed that Outlook can only remember the last modified time for any items. If you want that Outlook can auto log and write down each modified time, you have to utilize other means, such as the following one. It is using VBA to realize auto recording each modified time when you change an appointment.
Auto Log the Modified Time when Changing an Appointment
- At the very outset, you need to launch your Outlook program.
- Then, in Outlook window, you should tap on the “Alt + F11” key buttons.
- Subsequently, you’ll get access to Outlook VBA editor, namely the “Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications” window.
- Next, you ought to find and open the “ThisOutlookSession” project on the left side bar.
- After that, copy and paste the following VBA code into this project window.
Private WithEvents objInspectors As Outlook.Inspectors Private WithEvents objAppointment As Outlook.AppointmentItem Private Sub Application_Startup() Set objInspectors = Outlook.Application.Inspectors End Sub 'Get the current appointment Private Sub objInspectors_NewInspector(ByVal Inspector As Inspector) If TypeName(Inspector.currentItem) = "AppointmentItem" Then Set objAppointment = Inspector.currentItem End If End Sub 'Occurs when changes made to the current appointment Private Sub objAppointment_PropertyChange(ByVal Name As String) 'Log the modified time in the item body If Name <> "Body" Then objAppointment.Body = objAppointment.Body & vbCr & "--------------------------------------" objAppointment.Body = objAppointment.Body & vbCr & "Modified Time: " & Format(Now, "yyyy/mm/dd hh:mm:ss") & vbTab & "Changed: " & Name End If End Sub
- Later, you have to sign this macro.
- Click the “Tools” button in the top menu bar.
- Then, from the drop down list, choose “Digital Signature”.
- Next, follow onscreen wizard to complete it.
- Eventually, you should activate this project by either of the two ways below
- Just save this project and restart your Outlook application.
- Or click into the “Application_Startup” subroutine and press “F5” key.
- Afterwards, you can try this VBA project.
- Open an appointment and change it in an aspect, such as “Location” field.
- At once, Outlook will log the current modified time in the body, like the following screenshot:
Repair Outlook Corrupt Files
As we all know, it is pretty difficult to predict when and how Outlook may crash and get damaged. Therefore, you should build a good habit to make backups on a regular basis. Furthermore, it is always suggested to prepare third party software for rescuing Outlook file in case of abrupt damage, such as DataNumen Outlook Repair. It is especially designed for Outlook fix.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql fix and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com