Many users ask for a solution which can make Outlook to automatically delete the original email after they resend it. Although Outlook doesn’t provide such a native feature, you still can use the way shown in this article to realize it.
After resending an email to its original recipients, you may wish to delete it. Not only will it reduce the size of Outlook file in some degree, but also it can keep the mail folder organized without duplicated emails. Generally, you should manually delete the original email after resending it. But, here we’ll introduce you a more intelligent method, which can help you auto delete the original email without any fuss. Now read on to get the detailed steps and VBA code.
Auto Delete the Original Email after Resending It
- In the first place, start your Outlook program.
- Then, after entering the Outlook main window, you should press “Alt + F11” key buttons.
- Next, the “Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications” window will display.
- In this window, you need to access a module which is not being used.
- After that, copy the VBA code listed out below into this module.
Sub DeleteOriginalEmailAfterResending() Dim objMail As Outlook.MailItem Dim objMailInspector As Outlook.Inspector Dim objResentMail As Outlook.MailItem On Error Resume Next 'Get the source email Select Case Application.ActiveWindow.Class Case olExplorer Set objMail = ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item(1) objMail.Display Case olInspector Set objMail = ActiveInspector.currentItem End Select 'Resend the email Set objMailInspector = objMail.GetInspector objMailInspector.CommandBars.ExecuteMso ("ResendThisMessage") Set objResentMail = Application.ActiveInspector.currentItem With objResentMail .Subject = "Resent: " & objMail.Subject .Send End With objMail.Close olDiscard 'Delete the original email objMail.Delete End Sub
- Subsequently, you can close the current window.
- Then, for later convenient access, you can go to “Outlook Options” to add this new macro to Quick Access Toolbar.
- Later, you can back to the main email list.
- Finally, you could take a shot:
- At the outset, select an email which you want to resend.
- Then, click the newly added macro button in Quick Access Toolbar.
- Immediately, the selected email will be resent, and it will be deleted after resending.
- But you can still find the deleted original email from the “Deleted Items” folder.
Apply a Mightier External Repair Tool
Many users rely on the inbuilt repair tool, scanpst.exe, very much. Nevertheless, in fact, this tool cannot make great effects in the event of severe troubles, such as seriously compromised Outlook data file. Thereby, it is always recommended to prepare a much more formidable third party Outlook fix utility, like DataNumen Outlook Repair. It has earned a lot of kudos in that it can repair a variety of issues in Outlook without any hassles.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including fix sql and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com