Pivot table has provided many useful features for you to analyze data and information. In this article, we will talk about the usage of slicer feature in pivot table.
In Excel, the pivot table is very efficient in analyzing data and information. You can also demonstrate data in the way that you need by this feature. The image below shows the sales volume in a worksheet.
In order to analyze this range, we have created two pivot tables in another worksheet. In the first table, we will show the sales volume of sales representatives. And in the second table, we will show the volume of certain products.
When you need to show the data based on certain criteria, you can certainly set in the pivot table. But now you can also use the slicer in the table to quickly make those settings.
In order to use those feature, you need to insert it at first. And Excel has provide two approaches for you to insert slicer.
- Position your cursor within the table range.
- And then click the tab “Insert” in the ribbon.
- After that, click the button “Slicer” in the toolbar.
- Next you will see the “Insert Slicer” window pops up. In the window, check the option of the criteria that you need. And here we will check the “Date”.
- And then click the button “OK” in the window.
- Thus, the slicer will appear in the worksheet.
- Position your cursor within the table range. And then you will see the “PivotTable Tools” in the ribbon.
- Next click the tab “Options” in the toolbar.
- After that, click the button “Insert Slicer” in the toolbar.
- Thus, you will also see the “Insert Slicer” window. And then the steps of adding slicer are the same as the last 3 steps in method 1.
When you have inserted the slicer into the worksheet, you can use it immediately. Here all the date options will be listed in this slicer. Whenever you choose one of the options, the data in the pivot table will also change accordingly.
This is more convenient than setting criteria in the pivot table directly.
Connect Pivot Table by Slicer
In this example, we have two pivot tables. When you need to show the sales volume in the same season in the two tables, you can also connect the pivot tables.
- Click the slicer. Thus, the “Slicer Tool” tab will appear.
- Now click the tab “Options” in the ribbon.
- And then click the button “PivotTable Connections” in the toolbar.
Besides, you can also right click the slicer and choose the “PivotTable Connections” in the sub menu.
- Next in the “PivotTable Connections” window, you can see that there are pivot tables in the window. Here check the second table in this window.
- And then click the button “OK”.
- After that, you will come back to the worksheet. When you choose one season in the slicer, the data in the two tables will change together.
You can see that using the slicer can help you save a lot of time and energy. Thus, the next time in your worksheet, try to use this feature.
Guarantee the Quality of Recovery
If you use Excel frequently, you will sometimes meet with Excel corruption. Therefore, you need to recovery your damaged files as soon as possible. There are many methods that you can use to fix this problem. However, some incorrect actions will cause permanent damage to your files. You need guarantee the quality of the recovery process. To finish this task, you can try out powerful tool and repair Excel xls file. This tool has been tested for many times and it can surely prove the quality.
Anna Ma is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including repair Word data problem and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com