As we can see, BCC is hidden deeply. If we need to BCC an email to others, we need to click “To” button to locate “BCC” field. In this article, we will look at how to add BCC command to New Mail Message window.
Outlook permits us to customize ribbon as well as quick access toolbar, no matter change the tab order, add or remover tabs, etc. For example, I am frequently required to BCC emails. But BCC option is invisible in ribbon. Thus I add it to the New Mail Message tab, such that I can directly click the button to BCC emails.
Add BCC Command to New Mail Message Window
- At the very outset, you should click “New Email” button in Home (Mail) tab to create a new message.
- In the New Message window, go to “File” menu and select “Options” item.
- Then in the popup window of “Outlook Options”, you should switch from “General” tab to “Customize Ribbon” tab.
- In the subsequent screen, you can see all the existing tabs on the right side. What you should do is to create a new group under “New Mail Message” tab. You should pitch on this tab and then click the “New Group” button at the right bottom.
- After creating successful, you should name it. Thus you can click “Rename” button, which will open a new dialog. In it, you can select a preferred icon and enter a name in “Display name” field. Click “OK” to save the name.
- Next you need turn to the left side, you should select “Popular commands” in “Choose commands from” list. Then you should locate and select “BCC” commands at the box below.
- Click “Add” button to add it to the new group that was created just now.
- After adding it, you can also change the list order of tabs via “Move Up” and “Move Down” buttons shown as up and down arrows
- Finally click “OK” to save it and return back to New Message window. You can absolutely see the BCC button at set location on Message tab.
Making Backups at Regular Intervals
Outlook has satisfied a host of our needs, no matter dealing with emails, managing contacts or arranging schedule. Boasting of numerous cutting-edge capabilities, Outlook still cannot get rid of corruptions. It is considerably vulnerable to various malicious factors, such as abrupt shutdown, virus infection, hardware malfunctions and so on. Therefore, it is essential for us to make regular backups. We can restore archived data via backups with effortless ease. Of course if your backup doesn’t include the recent data, you can also apply a repair tool, like DataNumen Outlook Repair, to recover corrupted Outlook data. This tool has shouldered over its opponents due to its high PST recovery rate.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com