The Ms Access Database can be easily used to store contacts and serve as a full-fledged contact management system.
Almost all businesses today are run on the basis of contacts and customers. The greater are your contacts, the more you will flourish. Majority of businesses today involve dealing with clients, and lot of other important people. Keeping a track of all important meetings and appointments with people can often get difficult and confusing. Therefore, for all the contact based businesses, it is important to have a contact management database. Through a contact management database, it becomes easier for a user to keep a track of all scheduled meetings and appointments, along with keeping track of all the important people and their numbers.
You can easily create a contact management database using MS Access, by following these steps.
- For creating a contact management database, you need to decide how many tables you want in the database, and what all fields should the tables contain.
- The fields you choose to put in the table should be in accordance to the details you want from your contacts. You can also create fields for information that is not so important, in another table, and then establish relationship between the two tables. If need be.
- After you are done establishing relationships, you can check the overall structure of your table, if it is what you wanted it to be, or do you need another table? It is advisable to always create a design before creating your contact management databases. Once your table is created, it will be very time consuming to create another one.
- If you are required to take some action with any of the contact, in the form of a meeting or a call, you can always add a field for that too. It will make it a lot easier for you to keep a track of all past and future interactions.
- After you are done creating all necessary fields, it is now time to add data in those fields. You can either choose to import data, or manually add data with the help of forms.
- Once you are done adding data in your database and you feel all your fields are complete, it is then time to run queries and test your databases. You can create queries using query design view or query wizard.
- After you have run your queries, it is now time to test the reports. For this too, you can make use of the report wizard or the report design view.
- Save all the customizations made in the database, by saving the database.
Now your contact management database is ready, every time you need information on your contacts, you know where to go. While creating a contact management database, it is important to know, that you do not always have to create a database from scratch, Access provides you with templates for the same. You can select whichever you find most suitable for your needs. You can also make use of the Wizard, for creating a contact management database. Also to ensure the valuable date stored in your contact management database is always safe, invest in a fix accdb tool which can swiftly recover your data in the event of a crash.
Vivian Stevens is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including repair SQL and excel recovery software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com