You must have stored a lot of contacts on your iPhone. If any contacts get deleted by accident, you will definitely try to retrieve them by all possible means. This article will share you 7 useful tricks on this issue.
Contacts stored in your iPhone play vitally important roles in your daily life. You are relying on them to get and keep contact with your friends, clients, relatives and colleagues via call, message, and emails and so on. Therefore, if you find that your iPhone contacts get deleted or lost for some reasons, it’ll be quite painful. Nevertheless, accidents can occur in a flash without any omens. Various factors can cause the loss of iPhone contacts, such as your own mistaken deletion, failure in iOS upgrade, physically damaged iPhone, etc. Faced with the catastrophic loss of contacts, you must hope to get them back. Here are 7 effective tips for you.
1. Recover from iTunes Backup Files
When it comes to data recovery, the simplest way is to recover from data backups. For instance, when your PST file gets corrupted on your PC, if you have backups, you can recover PST data from backed up PST files like a breeze. The same holds true for recovering iPhone data. If you’ve backed up your files via iTunes before, you can easily recover the lost contacts from iTunes backups.
- Firstly, you can connect your iPhone to a Mac/ PC.
- Then open iTunes application. Subsequently, select the “Devices” tab.
- After that, from the device list, locate and right click the source iPhone device and select “Restore from backup”.
- Finally in the popup window, choose the latest backups and hit “Restore” button to start.
2. Recover from iCloud Backups
Apart from iTunes, Apple offers another backup solution – iCloud, which permits us to back up our iPhone data to the private cloud space. Thus if you have backed up your iPhone data via iCloud, why not use it?
- Firstly, head to “Settings” > “iCloud” on your iPhone.
- Then find and turn off the “Contacts” in the menu.
- Next you will receive a popup message, in which you need to select “Keep on My iPhone”.
- After that, turn on the “Contacts” again and select “Merge”.
- Eventually, you will see the lost contacts come back.
3. Recover from Other Devices
ICloud also permits us to sync our iPhone contacts to other devices, such as Mac. Thus, if you have done it before, you can try to recover from the other devices.
- Firstly, open the Mac or PC.
- Then search the contacts which you’ve lost in Outlook.
- Next export the lost Contacts as vCard.
- After that, send the vCard files from the Mac/PC via emails to yourself.
- Subsequently, you can open your mailbox on your iPhone.
- Finally you can create new contacts based on the received vCard files.
4. Recover from Google Contacts or Other Cloud Services
Assuming that you’ve synced your iPhone Contacts with other platform, such as Google contacts or other cloud services, you can recover in this way. Here we take Google as an instance.
- First, on your iPhone, go to “Settings” > “Mail” > “Accounts” > “Add Account” > “Google”.
- Then fill in the detailed information of your Google account.
- Next turn on the “Contacts” option.
- Now you can re-access your iPhone Contacts, Google Contacts will start to be synced to your iPhone.
5. Recover from an Old SIM Card
Although iPhone doesn’t support to store contacts on SIM Card, you still can copy the contacts on a SIM card of your old phone to your iPhone.
- To start with, you can remove the SIM card in the iPhone.
- Then insert another SIM Card from an old phone.
- Subsequently, you can power on your iPhone.
- After that, you need go to “Settings” > “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” > “Import SIM Contacts”.
- After importing successfully, you can remove the old SIM Card and insert the original SIM card of your iPhone.
6. Recover via Third Party Software
Provided that all the above means cannot make effects, you can take recourse to external tools, namely third party software. There are a great amount of iPhone data recovery tools available in today’s market. You can select and buy a reliable one to have a try.
7. Recover via Third Party Service
If you cannot confirm that you can perform DIY recovery properly, you had better resort to some professionals, namely third party iPhone data recovery service. In this case, you should keep mindful and shouldn’t select the services that always boast or which request high fees. You can trust in those who are reputable in the data recovery industry or have long experience in this field.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including recover SQL Server and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com