Have you ever come across white screen of death when using your iPhone? It refers to that iPhone screen is totally white without any icons or apps. Now, this post will look at this issue to show 6 of its reasons and solutions.
White screen of death on iPhone can be quite desperate in that you will be afraid of iPhone data loss, which is similar to PST corruption on computer. Therefore, it is considerably necessary to fix this issue as soon as possible. Here we’ll expose the detailed reasons and solutions to you.
1. Three-Figure Tap
Above all, you can try three-figure trick. It is because that, at times, white screen results from improper zoom level. More specifically, the screen may be zoomed extremely close in on something white. In this situation, you can just try using 3 figures in the meantime to double tap on the screen. Though it seems ridiculous, it’s still worthy of a try.
2. Hard Reset iPhone
If the culprit isn’t the above one, you can try to hard reset iPhone. The elaborate steps depend on iPhone version. Here we will take iPhone X for an example. Just press the “Volume Up” button and release it quickly. Then, take the same action on the “Volume Down” button. Finally, press and hold down the “Power” button until the Apple Logo shows up to see if the issue persists.
3. Turn off “Auto Brightness”
Besides, there are chances that the While Screen of Death occurs from the “Auto Brightness” feature in iPhone. Therefore, in this situation, you can turn off your iPhone’s “Auto Brightness” feature. This trick has been proven as an effective way to fix this issue. Just go to “Settings” > “Display and Brightness” and then turn off “Auto Brightness” option.
4. Try Recovery Mode
Recovery mode is able to solve most of the software problems related to the iOS devices. It can reinstall the iOS system and restore backup to the device. Here we will take iPhone 7 series for an instance.
- At the outset, connect iPhone to computer,
- Then, press and hold “Volume Down” and “Side” buttons until you enter the “Recovery Mode” screen – a black screen.
- Eventually, use iTunes to restore iPhone.
5. Try DFU Mode
Device Firmware Update (DFU) mode is admittedly effective to fix a majority of the issues involved with iOS devices, especially the software glitches. Thereby, in face of the White Screen of Death, you can try DFU mode.
- Firstly, connect iPhone to computer.
- Then, press and hold “Sleep/Wake” button for about 4 seconds.
- Next, press and hold both “Home” and “Power” buttons together for around 10 seconds.
- After that, release the “Power” button only but keep holding “Home” button for about 5 seconds.
- Finally, when screen goes into black, you’ve entered DFU mode.
- Now, launch iTunes and restore the iPhone.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including fix sql and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com