It’s known that the best approach to protect data is making backup. The same holds true for iPhone data. Now, this article will expose 6 useful means to back up your iPhone contacts.
Perhaps you have ever encountered all kinds of data loss, such as computer data corruption like damaged Outlook data, smartphone data loss like missing iPhone contacts, or others. Therefore, it is vitally important for you to make a consistent and up-to-date backup for your data, no matter computer or smartphone data. In the followings, we’ll focus on the iPhone contact data and share 6 effective ways to back up it.
1. Back up with iTunes
With no doubt, when it comes to iPhone data backup, iTunes will occur to your mind in the first place. You can follow the steps below to accomplish it.
- Firstly, connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Then launch iTunes program on the computer.
- Next in the iTunes window, select your iPhone device.
- Later, in the subsequent screen, you could see and click on the “Back Up Now” button in the “Summary” section.
- After that, iTunes will make a complete backup for your iPhone, including the contacts.
2. Back up with iCloud
Aside from iTunes, iCloud is also a frequently-used backup tool for iPhone. Here are the detailed steps for backing up.
- To start with, on your iPhone, open “Settings”.
- Then, in the top of the displaying menu, tap your Apple ID.
- In the subsequent section, tap on “iCloud”.
- Next, in the “APPS USING ICLOUD” screen, turn on the “Contacts”.
- Ultimately, select “Merge” when you get prompted.
3. Back up to Other Cloud Services
Like iCloud, there are many external cloud services available for free as well. For instance, Google Drive offers users 15 gigabytes of free storage. Thus, apart from iCloud, you could also select such one. Here we take Google Drive as an example.
- Firstly, install and access the Google Drive application on your iPhone.
- Then tap “Menu” on the top left of screen.
- Next tap “Settings”.
- Later, tap “Backup”.
- Finally, tap “Start Backup”.
4. Back up via Email
Moreover, you could back up your iPhone contacts with the assistance of email. Now, we will teach you how to achieve it elaborately.
- At the outset, on iPhone, tap “Settings”.
- Then select “Mail, Contact, Calendars”.
- Next, in the new page, select “Add Account”.
- Later you should tap “Exchange”.
- After that, enter your email account details.
- Eventually, in the next page, tap “Save and Export” option, which will export your contacts to your email account.
5. Back up with Address Book
If you’d like to back up your iPhone contacts to your Mac without iTunes, you can utilize the “Address Book” by the following steps:
- First off, launch “Address Book” from your Mac “Application” Folder.
- Then, click on “File”.
- From the drop down list, select “Export” > “Export vCard”.
- Lastly, specify a destination for saving the exported vCard. And name the .vcf file, like “Contact-Backups”.
6. Back up via External Tool
There are multiple iPhone data backup tools available in today’s market. Hence, it is pretty easy for you to find one. However, in this process, for data security, you’d better choose the ones that are from well-known brands. Otherwise, your iPhone contacts may be leaked by the service provider after backing up,
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including mdf fix and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com