In this article, we will look at the quick approach to create a new Outlook profile.
Boasting of numerous capabilities, Outlook has been preferred by individuals, companies, government organizations and other entities. By contrast with other email clients, not only can Outlook allow users to send and receive emails, but also it is capable of managing contacts, tasks, appointments and so on. Besides, users can add several profiles to email clients, including Outlook. With all their profiles on only one client, users can tackle all emails easily.
Unlike adding new email accounts, creating new profiles cannot be realized simply in Outlook application. Thus some novices may be confused about how to create a new Outlook profile. While virtually they are the same easy. Though you are a newbie, it only takes 1 minute by following the steps below. But at first you have to verify that your default email client is Outlook instead of others. Then carry out the following operations.
Create a New Outlook Profile
- For a start, please exit Outlook properly. After closing it, go to Start Menu, and click “Control Panel” to open a new window.
- Then in “Control Panel” window, locate and click the “Mail” applet. If you can’t find it, you can make use of the search box to search out “Mail”.
- In the subsequent screen called “Mail Setup: Outlook”, you would be required to click “Show Profiles” button.
- Under “general” tab of “Mail” dialog, you will see all profiles listed. Locate and click “Add” button to create new. In the new popup dialog box, you need to enter a name for your new Outlook profile and then click “OK”.
- It will turn to a new interface, in which you need to add a new account for the new profile. In general, Outlook can make account setup automatically. Hence you can enter your name, email address as well as corresponding password, click “Next” and then wait Outlook to make auto setup. If it fails finally, you can also return to the original page and check “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” item, then you can add email account by yourself.
Close Outlook Properly
It is known that in spite of various benefits to us, Outlook is still prone to damage. Among a wide variety of factors, closing Outlook improperly is a primary reason. Everyone should take caution about it. Only after verifying that no Outlook items are working, can we click “X” icon to exit, otherwise we will push Outlook files into danger. In addition, equipping Outlook with a potent repair tool is a matter of necessity. For example, DataNumen Outlook Repair is highly advised. We can utilize it to repair PST files with effortless ease.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com