If the contact folder is not an address book, it won’t display when clicking “To” or “CC” button in a new message. Just follow the 5 easy steps in this guide to solve the issue.
Someone may be perplexed about Outlook address book. In our mind, we have been capable to manage Outlook contacts expertly. We can create new contacts, groups, add and remove contacts, and so on. However, when it comes to address book, someone still have no concrete knowledge of it. The same true held for me in the past. Actually only when we click “To” button in a new message will address book work. When seeking contacts by click “To” or “CC” button, we are searching in an Outlook Address Book.
Therefore, if we create a contact folder, which hasn’t been enabled as an address book, we won’t be able to find the contacts contained in this folder in “To” button. In general, a contact folder is created as an address book by default. But we cannot deny some special situations. It is essential for us to know how to empower your contact folder as address book.
Empower Your Contact Folder as Address Book
- In “Contacts” pane, we should right click the target contacts folder.
- Then in the context menu, locate and select the final item, namely “Properties”.
- Next in the popup dialog, we should switch to the “Outlook Address Book” tab.
- Later we will see “Show this folder as an email Address Book” item. We should tick it. Besides, we could type a new name of the address book, which will assist us to differentiate it from a wide variety of other contact folders. What is worthy of a mention here is that changing the name only works in address book not contact folder.
- Finally click “OK” to save the setting and return to Outlook.
We can try out it by creating a new message. Click “To” or “CC” button, and click the down arrow in “Address Book” field. In the drop-down list, we can locate the target one with effortless ease. Moreover, these addresses can be added to “To”, “CC” as well as “BC”. Just click one of them at first and then select specific email address.
Equip Your Outlook with a Powerful Repair Tool
Despite various advantages of Outlook, it still has its deadly flaw. Like other email clients, it cannot be free from corruptions either. All kinds of reasons, such as frequent closing Outlook improperly, virus and malware attacks, will lead to Outlook corruption. Hence why not make your Outlook application equipped with a powerful Outlook repair tool? DataNumen Outlook Repair is highly recommended due to its high recovery ratio. Besides, it can repair both signal file and a batch of files in a breeze.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com