Chart in Excel can make the data and information more intuitive. In this article, we will have a brief understanding of doughnut chart in Excel.
If you want to analyze the percentage of data in Excel, the doughnut chart is a very good choice. It is in the form of a doughnut, and you can see the percentage directly from the chart.
Create a Doughnut Chart
The process of creating a doughnut chart is very easy. In the image, you can see the sales volume of each season. And you can create a doughnut chart for the data and information.
- Select the target area in the worksheet.
- Click the tab “Insert” in the ribbon.
- Next click “Other Charts”.
- And then in the drop-down menu, click the “Doughnut”. Thus, you have created a doughnut chart in Excel.
Add Data Labels
In this part, you may follow the steps and add data labels.
- Right click the doughnut.
- And then choose “Add Data Labels” in the menu.
- And then you will see the data in the chart. Now right click any of the data label in the chart.
- Next click “Format Data Labels” in the menu.
- Then in the “Format Data Labels” window, check the label options on the right part. Here we check the “Value” and the “Percentage”.
- Last click “Close”. Thus, the number and percentage will appear in the doughnut chart.
Format Data Series
In addition, you can also change the appearance of the data series.
- Right click the doughnut chart.
- Then in the menu, choose the “Format Data Series”.
- And then you will see the window of “Format Data Series”. Here you can set the series options. Change the rotation if you need. And you can also adjust the explosion. What’s more, the doughnut hole size can also change in this window.
What’s more, the border size and other settings can also change according to your need.
- And after all the setting, close the window. And you will see the chart with a new appearance.
Your Doughnut Chart can Hardly Survive in an Excel Crash
Excel crash will happen at any unexpected time. And as a result, you will find that the chart you have created in Excel will also disappear. Hence to retrieve this information, you can use a third party Excel fix tool. It is specialized designed to deal with Excel corruption. And it can handle with almost all the errors that appear relating with Excel. Thus, you would never need to be worry about your important data and information.
Anna Ma is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including word recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com