Some Outlook users would like to insert a note or remark into email messages. In this article, we will exhibit 4 simple workarounds to accomplish it.
At times, when you receive or send a special email, you may hope to add specific notes or remarks to it, such that you can readily recognize it from your stuffed mailbox. It’s believed that a majority of Outlook users have this wish. Therefore, here we will offer you 4 handy approaches.
Method 1: Use Custom Flag for Follow Up
As a rule, users are accustomed to flagging emails to a specific time, such as today, tomorrow, next week and so on. In reality, Outlook allows us to choose default text or type custom characters for the flag, too.
- Firstly, locate the email and right click on it.
- Then you can choose “Follow Up” > “Custom” from the popup right clicking menu.
- Next in the subsequent dialog box of “Custom”, you will see the default text, “Follow Up” in “Flag to” field. Now you can type any texts as per your needs.
- Lastly you can see your notes in the Message header, shown as the following screenshot:
Method 2: Directly Input a Note in Message Subject
Provided that your notes are very short, you can choose to directly insert type in the email subject. Outlook is so kind of allowing us to change the subject line.
- At the very outset, double click on the source email to open it in the Message window.
- Subsequently, in the message window, you can type your notes straightly in the subject line.
- After inputting, click “Save” icon in the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Ultimately, return to mail list. You can check your notes like the image below:
Method 3: Type Notes in Message Body
However, assuming that your notes are pretty long, it is better to input the notes in the message body. Outlook is so powerful that you can change the body no matter in received or sent emails.
- To start with, double click the email to open it.
- Then hit “Actions” button in “Move” group and choose “Edit Message” from the drop down list.
- After that, you can begin to enter your notes in the body. Also, you can specify the format of the notes.
- Finally click “Save” icon and close the current window. Then in the reading pane, you will be able to see the notes in the body, as the picture below:
Method 4: Attach an Outlook Note Item to Message
As you know, Outlook has “Note” feature. Therefore, if you wish to add an actual note item to the message, you can take the following steps:
- At the beginning, double click to open the message and turn it into edit mode by the first two steps in Method 3.
- Then go to Outlook Notes pane. Create and Save a new note.
- Next drag and drop the note into the message that is in edit mode.
- Eventually you can save and close the message. Now the note item has been inserted successfully as an attachment.
Cope with Various Outlook Errors
Although Outlook is feature rich, errors still occur to it frequently. This is a vexing issue for all Outlook users. Plus in that it is difficult to predict the errors, users should keep vigilant all the times. In addition, it is prudent to procure a robust repair tool, such as DataNumen Outlook Repair, which will come in handy for PST data error fix.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including repair SQL problem and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com