In today’s article, we are going to introduce you 3 ways to create vertical texts in your Word document.
Do you want to your Word document dynamic in forms? You bet. Following are three easy and operable tips for you to achieve that. Read on to find out details.
Method 1: Insert a Text Box
- First and foremost, put your cursor at the place where you want to input a text in vertical orientation.
- Then click “Insert”.
- Click “Text Box” icon in “Text” group.
- Just choose the “Simple Text Box”. So you have inserted a text box in your Word document. Or you can click “Draw Text Box” on the menu to draw a text box by yourself. Both operations can finish the same task.
- If you choose the first method in step 4, then you need delete the descriptive words inside the text box first. Then type in your text box, such as below:
- There are eight handles around the text box. Place your cursor on the right corner one.
- Click it and hold and your cursor will turn into a plus sign.
- Drag cursor to change the box into a tall and narrow box which can only display one letter in each row.
- Now right click the text box.
- Choose “Format Shape”.
- In “Format Shape” window, click “Line Color” option.
- On the right side, choose white for the color.
- Click “Close”. Now you shall not be able to see the text box borders.
Check the video below to view the whole operation:
Method 2: Insert a table
- Place your cursor at the position where the text does.
- Click “Insert”.
- Then click “Table”.
- Choose “Insert Table” option.
- Set the numbers of columns and rows according to your need.
- Click “OK”.
- Then input the text. Remember to type one letter or one word in each cell, such as below:
- Now right click the table.
- Choose “Table Properties” on the drop-down menu.
- In the “Table Properties” window, click “Borders and Shading” option.
- And now you opened up the “Borders and Shading” window. Click “Borders”.
- On the “Settings” column, pick the first “None”.
- Then click “OK”.
- Now you are back to the “Table Properties” window. Remember to click the “OK” too. Then you will see the result below:
Method 3: Type Manually
As for the third method, it’s a really obvious and perhaps the most used one. Type a letter or a word then press “Enter”. Just repeat until you finish typing your text. But obviously it is time-consuming to do so.
When Word Files Go to Corrupt
It’s not an unusual thing when your Word documents get corrupted. Data loss can be a real disaster nowadays. Therefore, you should never keep yourself informed of what to do when it actually comes. To repair word, you can turn to the built-in function in Word itself. Or you can resort to a third-party tool with higher recovery rate.
Vera Chen is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including excel recovery and pdf repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com