Have you ever been required to reply to several emails in one folder using the same contents? On basis of this situation, in this article, we will delve into how to reply to all of them via one rule.
If needing to send the specific message to several people, people are inclined to add the whole recipients in “To” field and then send out the email. But if there are countless recipients and many of them aren’t included in Outlook Contacts, the above method will be much more difficult. Under this circumstance, it is wise to create a separate folder and reply to them via one custom rule. Here are the concrete 3 steps.
Step 1: Save an Outlook Template to Local
At the beginning, you would be required to create a new Outlook template, which should contain the same contents.
- For a start, create a new email.
- Then fill in the concrete message body and subject in the New Message window. If needed, you could also insert attachments to it.
- Next go to “File” menu and select “Save As”.
- Finally in the subsequent window, you should set “Save as Type” to “Outlook Template”. And click “Save” button.
Step 2: Create a New Rule for Reply with a Specific Message
After creating the specific Outlook template, you ought to create a new rule for reply with a specific message.
- To begin with, go to “File” menu and click on “Manage Rules & Alerts” button.
- Then click “New Rules” button, which will bring out “Rules Wizard” window.
- In it, select “apply rule on messages I receive” and click “Next”. In condition. You should directly click “Next” and “Yes” to ignore the warning.
- In actions, you need to choose “reply using the specific template”. And in the bottom box, click on “specific template” link.
- Next a new dialog box of “Select a Reply Template” will show up, you should choose “User Template in File System” in “Look In” field. And then pitch on the target template and click “Open”. It will back to “Rules Wizard”.
- Click “Next” to choose exceptions. You can specify several exceptions as per your needs. If not, just click “Next”.
- In the final screen, you need to specify a name to this rule, such as “Reply with a Specific Message”. And deselect the item “Turn on this rule”. And eventually click “Finish” button.
Step 3: Run this New Rule Manually
After clicking this rule, Outlook will back to “Rules and Alerts” dialog.
- Locate and select the new created rule, and click the “Run Rules Now” button.
- In the new popup dialog box, you should select “Reply with a Specific Message”. And then click “Browse” button to choose the certain folder that consists of all the emails to be replied with the specific message.
- Finally click “Run Now”. And Outlook will send the specific templates to all the emails in this selected folder automatically.
Retrieve Broken Outlook Data
There is no doubt that Outlook has been touted as the most popular email client in the market due to quantities of functions. However, it still cannot keep away from corruptions. Thus it is necessary for us to learn how to rescue our Outlook data in case of crashes. If you have backups, it will be much easier. But if not, you need resort to external repair tool like DataNumen Outlook Repair. Thanks to its high Outlook recovery rate, this tool has shouldered over its competitors.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com