In the below article, we will show you 3 ways to quickly get the paragraph styles in your Word document.
Actually, we check our document formatting all the time in case of accidentally employ a Wrong one. And to get what style is applied to a certain paragraph is one of our inevitable tasks. Honestly, it’s really not a rocket science. Most of you know that you should put cursor at a paragraph, and see which style is selected in styles gallery in “Styles” group under “Home” tab.
However, here is the trouble when a paragraph style is not in the first row, you have to click the “More” arrow to expand the gallery. Evidently, it’s not a pleasing way when you have many paragraphs to check.
Therefore, you should take time to read the 3 methods here to perform this task quickly and smartly.
Method 1: Display Style Area Pane
- First and foremost, click “File” tab.
- Then click “Options” to open the “Word Options” dialog box.
- Next choose “Advanced”.
- Then scroll down to “Display” page.
- And change the style area pane width in the text box. By default, the value is “0”. You can enter any value you like.
- Next, click “OK” to save the change.
- Now, click “View” tab in the Ribbon.
- Then choose either “Outline” or “Draft” in “Document Views” group. And you shall see the style names displayed before each paragraph in a clear and neat way. Beside, you can also drag the vertical line to adjust the pane width.
Method 2: Add “Style” Command to “Quick Access Toolbar”
- Firstly, repeat the first 2 steps in method 1.
- Secondly, choose “Quick Access Toolbar”.
- Thirdly, choose “Commands Not in the Ribbon” on the drop-down list of “Choose commands from”.
- Next find and click “Style” command in the list box below.
- Then click “Add” button.
- Lastly click “OK”.
Now if you place your cursor at a specific paragraph, you can see its style in the text box of “Style”.
Method 3: Display Styles Window
- This time, you click “Home” tab first.
- Then click the expand button in “Styles” group to open the styles window.
- The styles window will be put on the left-side of the screen. But you can drag and place it anywhere you like. Meanwhile, you can change its size too. When you want to view a style of a paragraph or a block of text, just position your cursor properly, and the style name shall be boxed.
Comparison of 3 Methods
|Method 1: Display Style Area Pane||You don’t have to place cursor at texts manually.
|1. You must adjust the width of style area pane first.
2. You have to change to “Outline View” or “Draft” view.
|Method 2: Add “Style” Command to “Quick Access Toolbar”||1. You don’t have to change document view.
2. The style name will show on the “Quick Access Toolbar” directly, maintaining document view in a clear way.
|1. You have to add “Style” command to “Quick Access Toolbar” first.
2. You have to place cursor at texts manually.
|Method 3: Display Styles Window||You don’t have to change document view.
|1. You have to place cursor at texts manually.
2. You may have to adjust the size of style window.
Do Something about the File Loss
Generally, losing access to your files always happens out of the blue. Therefore it’s understandable to be panic at such a moment. Nevertheless, you should always bear in mind that most damaged files are recoverable. The secret is to choose a highly recognized Word file fix tool. Instead of sitting there mourning, you need to seize every second to get your data back.
Vera Chen is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including damaged Excel xls file recovery and pdf repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com