In our previous article, we have introduced the 2 methods of 3-D reference. And here we will discuss the third method to sum values.
The last way is using the pivot table in Excel. And you need some extra steps to create such a pivot table that can also sum values.
Method 3: Add the Button
- Click the small arrow in the quick access toolbar.
- Then click “More Commands” in the ribbon.
- In the “Choose commands from”, select the “All Commands”.
- Then drag the scrollbar until you see the “PivotTable and PivotChart Wizard” option.
- Next click the button “Add”.
- And then click the button “OK”. Therefore, you have added it in the quick access toolbar.
Create Pivot Table
- Click the button that you have added in the toolbar.
- In the wizard, choose the option “Multiple consolidation ranges”. Here because we will use several worksheets.
- And then click “Next”.
- In the next window, choose the second option.
- And then you will see another new window. Input the range of the first sheet into the text box: ‘2014’!$A$1:$C$10 . You can also use your mouse to select the range directly.
- Then click the button “Add”.
- In the next part, choose the option “1”.
- And in the “Field one” text box, input the name of the first worksheet.
- And then repeat the step 11-14 to add the other several worksheets.
- After that, click “Next”.
- And then you will see a new window. You can choose to put the pivot table in a new worksheet, or you can also input in the existing sheet. And you can designate a specific worksheet. Here we choose the “New worksheet”.
- And then click “Finish”. Thus, the pivot table will be created.
It has already been sorted and you can get all the total values quickly. What’s more, in the page option, you can also select and check the values in a specific worksheet. That’s because you have input the name of worksheets in “Filed one” text box.
The 3 methods above have different advantages. And you can use one of them to sum values according to your actual need.
Excel Errors should not be Ignored even if they Seem Unimportant
Sometimes you will meet with some Excel errors. Among those errors, although they do no harm to your data and information, you still need to be careful. That’s because they might be the precursor of a severe data disaster in some circumstance. And once such accident happens, you will face the danger of losing all your precious materials. Hence you can turn to our sophisticated tool to fix Excel files. It is well-known in the world and owns a lot of fans due to its powerful capacity.
Anna Ma is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including word recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com