Sometimes, you may need to add senders to your Outlook contacts. In fact, there are several methods that can accomplish it. This article will introduce 3 of them in detail.
For some reasons, you may be required to add the email senders to your Outlook contacts. In reality, you can achieve this via multiple approaches. But here we will tell you 3 means elaborately. Depending on how many the emails, whose senders you intend to add, you can choose the best one from the followings.
Method 1: Utilize “Add to Outlook Contacts” Option
When you only would like to add one sender or so, this way must be the best choice.
- Firstly, directly right click on the sender name or email address.
- Then from the right clicking menu, you select “Add to Outlook Contacts”.
- Lastly, a new contact item will open. At this point, you can fill in other details, and then click “Save & Close” button to save it.
Method 2: Export and Import the Senders
When you want to add all the email senders in a specific mail folder, the Method 1 will be considerably troublesome. In this situation, you can use “Import and Export” feature. So here we will take “Inbox” folder as an example.
- Firstly, go to “File” menu > “Open” tab > “Import” option.
- Then in the popup dialog box, select “Export to a file” > “Comma Separated Values” > source “Inbox” folder.
- Next you should specify the destination folder and name for the exported file.
- Click “Map Custom Fields”. Then drag and drop “From (Name)” and “From (Address)” to the right box.
- Later click “OK” and “Finish” to start exporting.
- After that, open the CSV file via Excel. Select Column A and B. Then switch to “Data” tab and click on “Remove Duplicates” button. And later click on “OK” in the new dialog box.
- After deleting the duplicates, go to “File” > “Save As”. And then save it as a new file in new name.
- After that, return to Outlook application and go to “File” > “Open” > “Import”.
- Subsequently, choose “Import from another program or file” > “Comma Separated Values”, and then click “Browse” button to locate and select the newly saved CVS file.
- Next click on “Map Custom Fields” button and then drag and drop the values in the left side to the corresponding fields in the right box.
- Finally click “OK” > “Finish” button to import the senders.
Method 3: Make Use of Outlook VBA
When you only desire to import the selected emails’ senders to your Outlook contacts, you can follow the steps below:
- In the first place, press “Alt + F11” key button to open “Visual Basic” window.
- Then copy the following VBA codes into a new module.
Sub AddSenderstoOutlookContacts() Dim olSel As Selection Dim Contactfol As folder Dim olMail As MailItem Dim obj As Object Dim strAddress As String Dim olContact As ContactItem Dim newContact As ContactItem Set olSel = Outlook.Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection Set Contactfol = Session.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderContacts) For Each obj In olSel If TypeName(obj) = "MailItem" Then Set olMail = obj 'To find out the email addresses which have been already in your contact folder 'And skip them directly strAddress = olMail.SenderEmailAddress Set olContact = Contactfol.Items.Find("[Email1Address] = '" & strAddress & "'") If olContact Is Nothing Then Set newContact = Application.CreateItem(olContactItem) With newContact .FullName = olMail.SenderName .Email1Address = olMail.SenderEmailAddress .Email1AddressType = olMail.SenderEmailType .Email1DisplayName = .FullName .Save 'To open the contact item .Display End With End If End If Next End Sub
- Next exit the “Visual Basic” window and add the new macro to Quick Access Toolbar, like the following screenshot:
- Eventually, you can go to the Outlook mail pane, select the target emails and press the button in the Quick Access Toolbar. At once, the selected emails’ senders will be added to your Outlook contacts automatically.
Comparison of the 3 Methods
|Method 1||It is simple and convenient when you want to save a single email’s sender.||When you wish to add many emails’ senders, this way will be cumbersome.|
|Method 2||It can permit you to add all the emails’ senders in one folder in batches.||The steps are a little bit complex|
|Method 3||1. It is easy to operate.||You would be required to change the macro setting in advance.|
|2. It allows you to select the emails whose senders you want to add.|
Avert All Potential Threats to Your Outlook Data
Due to the fact that Outlook is vulnerable, you should learn how to prevent all the potential threats, including viruses, malware, power outages and so on. For example, you need to know how to utilize Scanpst.exe to fix Outlook issues. Also, you had better keep a remarkable corrupted Outlook PST fix tool in vicinity, such as DataNumen Outlook Repair. It can come to your rescue when your Outlook PST files get damaged.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including repair SQL Server mdf data damage and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com