If you hope to rapidly find out all the tasks in a specific color category and convert them into appointments, you can choose any of the 3 methods shared in this article to achieve it.
At times, you may want to turn specific Outlook tasks into appointments, such as tasks in specific color categories. In response to this requirement, thereinafter, we will teach you 3 methods. The previous two are a bit tedious in that you have to convert tasks into appointments one by one. In contrast, the last one is much more effective as it can complete this in bulk.
Method 1: Drag & Drop Tasks in a Specific Color Category to Calendar
- To start with, you need to access the correct tasks folder.
- Then click into the search box above the task list.
- Next, click on the “Categorized” button in “Refine” group under “Search” tab.
- From the drop down list, choose a specific color category.
- After that, only the tasks in the chosen color category will display in the list.
- Later, to convert them into individual appointments, you can pitch on one of the found tasks.
- Then drag and drop them to the “Calendar” icon in the left bottom corner.
- Subsequently, a new appointment will show up, in which you can click on the “Save & Close” button to save it.
- At this point, you can repeat the Step 6 to 8, to convert all tasks in the specific color category into appointments.
Method 2: Copy Tasks in a Specific Color Category to Calendar
- At the very beginning, repeat the Step 1 to 5 in the above method to search all the tasks in the specific color category.
- Later, you can select a task and then press “Ctrl + C” to copy this task.
- Next, you can access a calendar folder, in which you need to press “Ctrl + V” to paste the previously copied task.
- At once, a new appointment will be generated based on the task. However, its start time and end time will be set as the date of today, instead of the task’s start date and due date.
Method 3: Convert Tasks in a Specific Color Category to Appointments via VBA
- In the main Outlook window, press “Alt + F11” keys to access VBA editor.
- Then, in the subsequent “Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications” window, you can copy the following VBA code into a module that is not in use.
Sub ConvertTasks_withSpecificCategories_intoAppts() Dim objTasks As Outlook.Items Dim strFilter As String Dim objSpecificTasks As Outlook.Items Dim objTask As Outlook.TaskItem Dim objCalendar As Outlook.Folder Dim objAppointment As Outlook.AppointmentItem Set objTasks = Outlook.Application.Session.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderTasks).Items strFilter = "[Categories] = ""Important""" Set objSpecificTasks = objTasks.Restrict(strFilter) If objSpecificTasks.count > 0 Then Set objCalendar = Application.Session.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar) For Each objTask In objSpecificTasks Set objAppointment = objCalendar.Items.Add("IPM.Appointment") With objAppointment .Start = objTask.StartDate .End = objTask.DueDate .Subject = objTask.Subject .Body = objTask.Body .Attachments.Add objTask .Save End With Next Else MsgBox "No Tasks with the Specific Color Categories!", vbExclamation + vbOKOnly End If End Sub
- After that, change your Outlook macro security level to low.
- Finally, to trigger this macro, click the “Run” icon or press “F5” key button.
- Immediately, all the tasks in the specified color category will be turned into appointments.
Defend Outlook against Crashes
Outlook will be prone to corruption in the event of crashes. Therefore, you have to make enough precautions to block Outlook data loss. For instance, you should make data backups regularly, watch out for various malicious threats, etc. In addition, it is prudent to get hold of a more practiced repair tool like DataNumen Outlook Repair. It has earned a lot of kudos in that it can fix PST errors in a jiffy.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including corrupt mdf and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com