Outlook provides us with several view options. This article will explore 3 essential tips about conversation view.
In general, Outlook emails are viewed by “Compact” as default. We can also switch to “Single”, “Preview” and “Sent To”. They are default views in Outlook. Regardless of which view, we can assuredly opt for conversation view. It doesn’t conflict with the mentioned views above.
Through conversation view, we can keep track of incoming and outgoing emails effectively. All relevant messages will be listed in a group. Therefore, we needn’t waste much time in locating emails pertaining to a specific email.
Enable Conversation View
Actually enabling conversation view is very simple even for a novice.
- In “Home” page of Mail, we should switch to “View” tab. In “Conversations” ribbon, we can locate the item “Shown as Conversation”. Mark the checkbox next to the item.
- We will receive an alert, which aims to ask us whether apply conversation view to all folders or the current folder. We can choose either as per our will. Later we will find all emails are arranged by conversation in selected folders.
Change Conversation Settings
Once Conversation view is activated, “Conversation setting” button will be active too. Click it, and we can see 4 options, namely “Show Messages from other folders”, “Show Senders above the Subject”, “Always Expand Conversation” and “Use Classic Indented View”. Depending on our preference, we can select or unselect any one.
Clean Up Conversation
When we reply to an email, the original emails will be positioned underneath the reply automatically. Then our Inbox will be messed up. Thus it is essential to unclog it.
- In “Home” ribbon, click “Clean Up” button in the section of “Delete”. Select “Clean up Conversations” from the drop-down list.
- Then a dialog box will pop up. We can click “Clean up” button directly.
- However, if we would like to specify the cleaned up emails’ location, we can click “Settings”, which will open “Outlook Options” window. We can find the “Conversation Clean up” option. We can click “Browser” button under it to specify where the cleaned up items will go.
Harness a Powerful Tool to Restore Damaged PST Files
No application can claim immunity from corruptions. The same holds true for Outlook. Therefore, so as to protect PST files, we have to take necessary precaution, such as a regular backup. Moreover, a powerful PST repair tool like DataNumen Outlook Repair is a matter of necessity. It can help us to restore corrupted PST files with a high recovery rate.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com
Leave a Reply