Pivot table is quite potent in Excel. In this article, we will talk about 3 methods to refresh pivot table in Excel.
The pivot table will not refresh automatically in Excel. Thus, if you have modification on the original data, you will certainly need to refresh it. For example, this worksheet records the sales volume of two products.
Besides, in another worksheet, there is a pivot table for the data and information.
If you modify the original worksheet, you need to refresh the pivot table. Thus, the following are the 3 methods to fresh pivot table quickly.
Method 1: Refresh the Data When Open the File
In this method, you only need to have a simple setting.
- In the pivot table worksheet, click the tab “Options” in the toolbar.
- And then click “Options” in the “PivotTable” field.
- Next in the new pop-up window, click the tab “Data”.
- And now check the option “Refresh data when opening the file”.
- In the end, click “OK”.
Thus, when you modify the original data, you don’t need to have further action. The next time you open the file, the data will automatically change.
Method 2: Click Refresh
This method is also very simple.
- Click the tab “Options” in the window.
- And then click the button “Refresh”.
Thus, when you change the data in the original worksheet, you can also press his button and refresh the pivot table.
Method 3: Refresh the Data When Open the File
If you add a row or column in the original area, the above two methods will not work. In this example, you can see that we add the sales volume of October. Thus, the pivot table should also refresh.
- Click the “Options” tab in the ribbon.
- And then click the button “Change Data Source”.
- And then the Excel will jump to the original worksheet. Here select the new range in the “Move PivotTable” window.
- Then click “OK”. After that, the Excel will also jump to the sheet of pivot table. Thus, you can see that the new row will also appear in the table.
The above three methods are suitable for different condition. Thus, you can choose the method according to your actual need.
Deal with Unexpected Situations while Working on Excel
When you are working on Excel, you will probably meet with an unexpected situation. You probably cannot find the data and information in Excel. Or some of the features in Excel are unavailable. Therefore, you need to repair it. Now you can apply our amazing Excel fix tool if you are in such trouble. No matter how complicated the situation is, this tool can handle those problems easily.
Anna Ma is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including word recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com