In general, you have to open Outlook program firstly and then create a new email. But this article will teach you 2 approaches to create a new Outlook email without necessity to launch Outlook first.
Actually there are two means to create a new email without opening Outlook. One is to create a Desktop shortcut for Outlook new message. And the other one is to open a new email from Outlook jump list. If you are interested in them, read on to get acquaintance with the elaborate steps.
1. Create a Desktop Shortcut to New Outlook Email
- At the beginning, head to “Start Menu” and type “Outlook.exe” in the search field. “Outlook.exe” program will show up immediately.
- Then you ought to right click on the arisen program, and select “Send to” > “Desktop (create shortcut)” from its right clicking menu.
- After turning to the Desktop, you will see the new shortcut for Outlook.exe. Right click it and choose “Properties” from the context menu.
- In the new popup dialog box of “Outlook – Shortcut Properties”, find “Target” field under “Shortcut” tab.
- Next put your cursor to the end of the path between quotes in “Target” field. Type a spacebar behind it, and then input “/c ipm.note”. In the instance of Outlook 2010, the whole line in “Target” field should look like “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\OUTLOOK.EXE” /c ipm.note.
- After that, click “OK” button to save the changes and close the dialog box.
- Later you had better rename the shortcut. Right click it and choose “Rename”, and designate it as “New Email”.
- Now you can have a try. Double click on the shortcut. A new Outlook message window will open up immediately.
2. Create a New Outlook Email from Outlook Jump List
- To start with, you should add MS Outlook program to the taskbar. Find MS Outlook in “Start Menu”. Right click on it and select “Pin to Taskbar”.
- Then you can right click on “MS Outlook” icon in the taskbar. From the popup menu list, you can see the “New Email Message” option.
- Eventually click on the item, and a New Message window will open at once.
Increase the Odds of Successful Outlook Data Recovery
As long as you are regular users of Outlook, you must be familiar with various Outlook errors. Actually with errors growing, Outlook can get corrupted one day. So in effort to prevent unwanted data loss and increase the odds of successful recovery for Outlook data, you have to take adequate precautions and prepare a set of relief measures. Without a doubt, regular backup is of the essence. If you can confirm that the PST file is indeed damaged, you can attempt a PST recovery by the inbox repair tool. If it fails, you have no choice but to employ a proven 3rd party tool like DataNumen Outlook Repair.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com