When needing to change the font of all tables in an Outlook email, most users are used to changing manually. But, if there are more than 10 tables, the manual way is too tedious. Hence, this post will look at this issue to share 2 more effective ways.
In the previous article “2 Methods to Batch Change the Styles of All Tables in an Outlook Email“, you can learn 2 means to quickly change all tables’ styles. Similar to it, at times, you may wish to change the font of all tables. Apparently, manually changing font is not the smartest way since it is too cumbersome. Thus, here we’ll share you 2 much convenient way.
Method 1: Select All Tables & Batch Change Font Manually
- First of all, open the email.
Note: This email should be in “Edit” mode.
- Then, move the cursor to a table.
- Next, click on the “cross” icon in the upper left corner of the table to select it.
- Now, press “Ctrl” key and click “cross” icon of each table to select them.
- After selecting all tables, in “Basic Text” group on “Message” tab, change the font, size, color and other styles at will.
Method 2: Batch Change the Font of All Tables with VBA
- At the very beginning, trigger VBA editor via “Alt + F11”.
- Then, add reference to “Microsoft Word Object Library” according to “How to Add an Object Library Reference in VBA“.
- Next, put the code below into a module or project.
Sub BatchChangeFontsOfAllTables() Dim objMail As Outlook.MailItem Dim objMailDocument As Word.Document Dim objTables As Word.Tables Dim i As Long Dim objTable As Word.Table 'Get the current email Set objMail = Outlook.Application.ActiveInspector.currentItem Set objMailDocument = objMail.GetInspector.WordEditor 'Get all the tables of the email Set objTables = objMailDocument.Tables For i = objTables.Count To 1 Step -1 Set objTable = objTables.Item(i) 'Change the font as per your needs With objTable.Range.Font .Name = "Times New Roman" .Size = 13 .ColorIndex = wdDarkBlue .Bold = True .Italic = False End With Next i End Sub
Note: You should change the predefined font style in the code as per your needs.
- After that, add this macro to Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) of Message window on basis of “How to Run VBA Code in Your Outlook“.
- Finally, you can take a shot.
- First off, open an email.
- Then, click the macro button in QAT.
- At once, font of all tables will be changed to the target one, like the image below.
Address Outlook Issues Flexibly
Outlook can suffer a variety of problems, not limited to error messages, but also including severe data corruption. For those tiny issues, you can simply make use of inbox repair tool, which is actually powerful enough. However, if what you are subject to is serious PST damage, you have to seek other more sophisticated tools, such as DataNumen Outlook Repair. All in all, solutions varying with causes.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including fix SQL Server and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com