Some users ask for a quick solution to quickly find out all the contacts in a specific color category and then attach them to a new Outlook mail. Now, in this article, we will introduce 2 approaches.
At times, you may need to send specific contacts to someone else via email. For instance, you’ve color categorized your contacts. Thus, you want to quickly attach all the contacts in a specific color category to an email. Looking at this issue, here we will share you 2 means with you. You can use either as per your preference.
Method 1: Use “Instant Search” & “Forward Contact” Feature
- To begin with, launch Outlook program.
- Then, access to a Contacts folder.
- Next, click into the search box above the contact list.
- Subsequently, in the emerging “Search” ribbon, you should change the search “Scope” to the “All Contact Items”.
- After that, you need to click the “Categorize” button.
- Later, from the category list, select the specific color category.
- When the search results display, you should select all the found contacts.
- Afterwards, click on the “Forward Contact” button in the “Share” group under “Home” tab.
- From the drop down list, select “As a Business Card” or “As an Outlook Item”.
- Finally, a new email will show up, attached with all the selected contact. It’ll look like the following screenshot.
Method 2: Utilize Outlook VBA Code
- First off, access Outlook VBA editor by pressing “Alt + F11” key buttons.
- Then, copy and paste the following VBA code into a module.
Dim strCategory As String Dim objMail As MailItem Sub AttachAllContactsInSpecificColorCategoryToEmail() Dim objStore As store Dim objFolder As Folder 'Input the color category name strCategory = InputBox("Enter a color category name:") If Trim(strCategory) <> "" Then Set objMail = Outlook.Application.CreateItem(olMailItem) 'Process all stores in your Outlook For Each objStore In Application.Session.Stores For Each objFolder In objStore.GetRootFolder.Folders If objFolder.DefaultItemType = olContactItem Then Call ProcessFolders(objFolder) End If Next Next objMail.Display End If End Sub Sub ProcessFolders(ByVal objCurrentFolder As Folder) Dim objItem As Object Dim objContact As ContactItem 'Change the mailing address to home address field For Each objItem In objCurrentFolder.Items If objItem.Class = olContact Then Set objContact = objItem If InStr(LCase(objContact.Categories), LCase(strCategory)) > 0 Then objMail.Attachments.Add objContact End If End If Next 'Process all subfolders recursively If objCurrentFolder.Folders.Count > 0 Then For Each objSubFolder In objCurrentFolder.Folders Call ProcessFolders(objSubFolder) Next End If End Sub
- Subsequently, click in the “AttachAllContactsInSpecificColorCategoryToEmail” subroutine.
- After that, press “F5” key button.
- At once, you will be required to enter the name of specific color category.
- Ultimately, a new mail will display with all the contacts in the specific color category attached.
Keep Vigilant against Potential Risks around Outlook
As a regular user of Outlook, you have to always keep alert in that there are many risks surrounding your Outlook, such as malicious links, virus borne attachments and so on. Therefore, you have to never download files or click the links in the unknown emails. Of course, so as to provide immediate rescue, you ought to get hold of a well-proven and credible PST recovery tool, like DataNumen Outlook Repair. It is able to fix Outlook files without any ado.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including mdf fix and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com