In certain circumstance, you will find that the worksheet area is too small. And now you can use the 2 effective methods in this article to enlarge the worksheet area.
Suppose you will give a lesson to other people with an Excel file. When you are demonstrating some data, you may find that the worksheet area is not big enough. Therefore, you need to enlarge the area. And now you can use the two methods to meet this need.
Method 1: Use Full Screen
This method is very easy to use.
- Click the tab “View” in the ribbon.
- And then click the button “Full Screen” in the toolbar. Besides, you can also use the shortcut keys “Alt->W->E” on the keyboard to replace these two steps.
And now you will find that the worksheet is in the mode of full screen. The quick access toolbar and the ribbon have been hidden. Therefore, you can display more data in one screen.
When you need to restore the interface, you can right click in any area in the worksheet and choose the option “Close Full Screen”.
What’s more, you can also press the button “Esc” on the keyboard to close the full screen.
Method 2: Hide Certain Elements
In the full screen mode, you will find that you cannot get access to the ribbon or the quick access toolbar. As a result, you cannot use the features in the toolbar. To avoid this problem, you can use this second method to replace the first one.
- Click the tab “File” in the ribbon.
- And then click the button “Options”. Now you have opened the “Excel Options” window.
- Now in the window, click the option “Advanced” on the right.
- After that, you can find 5 options by dragging the scrollbar. The options include: Show formula bar, Show horizontal scroll bar, Show vertical scroll bar, Show sheet tabs, Show row and column headers.
Here you need to uncheck the options according to your need.
- After that, click the button “OK” to save the setting.
- And then click the small arrow in the upper right corner to minimize the ribbon.
When you have finished all the settings, you will find the worksheet like the image below show.
All the other elements are hidden because you have unchecked them in step 4. As for the ribbon, the tabs will still be there. When you need to use the features in the toolbar, you can still click the tab. The toolbar will expand as you click the tab.
The next time you click in the worksheet area, the toolbar will be minimized again.
But in this method, you cannot use some features, such as the scrollbar. Therefore, when you uncheck options in step 4, you need to decide which one you will keep in the worksheet area. For the two methods, you can choose to use one according to your actual need.
Security Vulnerability in Your Computer
Even though the safety of computer is improving, there still exists security vulnerability in your system. Therefore, your Excel files still have the chance of being destroyed due to the security vulnerability. When your Excel files are damaged, you cannot do anything on it. Hence, you need to fix it as soon as possible. Now you can use a recovery tool to repair Excel xls file error in your computer. besides, almost all the errors can be solved by this powerful tool.
Anna Ma is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including repair Word docx and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com