In part I, we have delved into 6 common solutions to Outlook failure in loading profile. In this part, the rest 6 will be introduced.
If you fail to solve this problem that Outlook is stuck at loading profile by 6 means in Part I, you can use the followings to have a try. As opposed to those in last part, the approaches in this part will be more sophisticated.
7. Disable Hardware Accelerations
- At first, head to “Start Menu” and type “regedit” in the search field. Press “Enter” to open the Registry Editor.
- Then go to “HKEY_CURRENT_USER” > “Software” > “Microsoft” > “Office” > “<your Outlook version>” > “Common”.
- Right click “Command” and choose “New” > “Key”.
- Name this new key as “Graphics”. Right click it and choose “New” > “DWORD (32-bit) Value”. On the right pane, name it as “DisableHardwareAcceleration”.
- Next double click the value to change its value data to “1”.
- Finally restart computer and Outlook.
8. Verify if Outlook Runs in Compatibility Mode
- In “Start Menu”, type “outlook.exe’ in the search field.
- Right click on the shown program and choose “Properties”.
- In the new dialog, switch to “Compatibility” tab and check if “Run this program in compatibility mode for:” is selected or not.
- After ensuring it is deselected, click “OK” to close the dialog and restart Outlook.
9. Reset Outlook Navigation Pane and Folders
Corrupted navigation pane and folders in Outlook can cause this issue as well. Thus you can reset them by two commands, namely “outlook.exe /resetnavpane” and “outlook.exe /resetfolders”. You can try the first command at the beginning. If after using it, Outlook starts well. Then the problem has gone. Otherwise, you need to use the second command. If both of them fails, you have no choice but to lean upon the other techniques.
10. Remove Guilty Add-ins in Safe Mode
- Type “outlook.exe /safe” and press “Enter” to start Outlook in safe mode.
- Then go to “File” > “Options” > “Add-ins” > “Go”.
- Next in the dialog box, you can select the target add-ins and remove them.
- Eventually after disabling the add-ins, you can start Outlook normally again.
11. Stop the Other Programs That Are Accessing Outlook Data File
Other programs are accessing the same Outlook data file will lead to Outlook failure in loading profile as well. Thus you can try to stop the other programs through the following 3 cases.
- Firstly, disable antivirus software.
- Secondly, stop Windows search indexing related to Outlook.
- Thirdly, cease all the processes involved with outlook.exe via Task manager.
12. Quit the Services That Interferes with Outlook
Other than the programs, some Windows services can affects the proper function of Outlook, such as “Desktop Window Manager Session Manager”. You can follow the steps below to disable the suspected services.
- Right click the taskbar and choose “Start Task Manager”.
- Then in the new dialog, switch to “Services” tab and click “Services” button.
- Another dialog will show up, in which you can find the target services on the right pane. And click “Stop” link to quit it.
- Eventually, try to restart Outlook.
Effective Remedy in Case of Outlook Crashes
To be honest, as a regular user of Outlook, I have encountered various Outlook errors. In order to solve them, we should remain prepared for them at all time and get acquaintance with effective remedies. Unquestionably, the most essential one is to keep a powerful one nearby, such as DataNumen Outlook Repair. It can get back maximum data for you, irrespective of the extent of Outlook corruption.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com