This article series will look at the 12 effective approaches to the annoying issue that Outlook gets stuck in the process of Loading Profile when it’s starting. In this part, we will discuss about 6 of them.
Many people have complaint a lot about the Outlook problem – it takes too much time to load profile when starting. Sometimes in worse situations, Outlook cannot get through this process of loading profile, thereby getting jammed permanently. On this issue, 12 valid measures will be introduced in this article series. This part will offer 6 of them.
1. Create a New Outlook Profile
Now that Outlook is stuck at loading profile, there are great chances that this trouble is triggered by a corrupted Outlook profile. Therefore, in the first place you should create a new Outlook file to have a try.
- Go to Control Panel and change the view to “small icon”.
- Then find and click on “Mail” applet.
- In the new dialog box, click “Show Profiles” button.
- Next another dialog will pop up, in which you should hit “Add” button and assign a name for this new profile.
- Click “OK”. You will be brought to the “Add New Account” window. You can select to configure the account by yourself or by Outlook.
- Finally after using the new profile, try to restart Outlook and check if the problem is solved. If not, turn to the next way.
2. Cut off Your Computer’s Network Connection
Virtually failure in loading profile may be involved with the networking matters. Thus you can try to cut off your computer’s network connection, such as Wi-Fi or other connections. Then reopen Outlook. If it can load in a good manner, the problem must be due to TCP related stuff alike. You should proceed to deal with network issues. But if no effects, get on for the next method please.
3. Repair Office Installation
In addition, incorrect installation of Outlook should be concerned as well. You can repair its installation in “Control Panel”.
- Go to “Control Panel” > “Programs” > “Programs and Features”.
- Then locate and select the MS Office program. Click “Change” button.
- In the next window, choose “Repair” and click “Continue”.
- Finally after repairing the installation of Office, restart Outlook. If Outlook is still stuck at loading profile, you should continue with the next approach.
4. Check If Errors Occur to System Disk
Provided that there are bad sectors in the disk where Outlook is installed, you will also encounter this error. Hence you need to check the disk via built-in utility – CHKDSK.
- Type “cmd” in the search field of “Start Menu”.
- Right click the program and select “Run as administrator”.
- Then in the “Command Prompt”, type “chkdsk <diskname>: /f” and press “Enter” to start check and fix errors.
- Finally after checking and fixing, restart your computer and Outlook. If you still face the same issue, turn to the following means.
5. Apply Scanpst.exe to Repair the Current Outlook File
In most cases, this matter may stem from the corruption of Outlook file. You can use Outlook Inbox Repair Tool to scan the file for errors. After launching this tool, select the file by “Browse” and click “Start” > “Repair” to check and fix errors.
6. Fall Back on a Third Party Repair Tool
If Scanpst.exe fails and the problem persists, you could also resort to other repair tools like DataNumen Outlook Repair, which is adept at checking out and solving Outlook errors. Furthermore, it can recover your Outlook data without any fuss.
The other 6 resolutions will be probed in depth in Part II of this article series. If the methods above haven’t helped you, please turn to the next part.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com