If Outlook doesn’t offer matching contacts when enter names in “To” field, you should examine whether Automatic Name Checking is activated.
When writing a new email in Outlook, I am inclined to type contact name directly in “To” field, thanks to Outlook’s capability to find out the matching contacts. Thus I can just bear in mind the contact name with no need for specific email address. In the past, I haven’t paid much attention to this capability. But one day my Outlook encounters some cryptic errors. When I restart Outlook and attempt to write a new message, I find a startling trouble, namely no matching contacts display any more, which baffled me a lot. Though I can click “To” button to search address book, it is less convenient than auto-resolving contacts.
Fortunately, by searching courses of solutions to this problem on Internet, I find a more professional appellation of this capability, that is, Automatic Name Checking. With it, instead of clicking “To” button and selecting name, users can type name, even only part of name, and Outlook will automatically match them to existing contact. If the matching contacts are more than one, all of them will be listed out for us to choose. It really assists users a lot.
In general, Automatic Name Checking is enabled by default. But if it doesn’t work out of the blue, it is essential to check it over. Here is a rapid guide.
Activate Automatic Name Checking
- In the first place, go to “File” menu and select “Options”.
- Then in the subsequent window of “Outlook Options”, we should choose “Mail” option.
- Next under “Mail”, pull the scrolling bar to find “Sending Messages”.
- Later we will absolutely see an item – Automatic Name Checking. If it isn’t selected, we should tick it, give it a checkmark. While if it has been already ticked, something worse has happened, wait for a more complicated deal.
- After ticking Automatic Name Checking, remember to click “OK” to save the option settings, rather than click “X” icon in the upper right corner to close the present window.
Prepare a Repair Tool for Your Vulnerable Outlook
As mentioned above, Outlook may be confronted with a wide variety of errors from time to time. Hence if we wouldn’t like to be stuck with errors, one day maybe crash, we are better off preparing a competent repair tool in advance. In the event of Outlook corruptions, we can utilize it to repair Outlook at once. As for which repair tool is better, DataNumen Outlook Repair may be one of the best choices in this industry. Due to its high recovery ratio, it has stood ahead of other repair software.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com